Monday, February 4, 2013

edward SCISSORHANDS

 
 
(PROGRESS SHOTS)
 
Last year I began working on a series of illustrations inspired by my favourite films.
With only Midnight in Paris, and Breakfast at Tiffany's preceding it, Edward Scissorhands
is the latest in this slowly developing series.
I work on them here and there as I get time in between jobs, which lately hasn't been often.
(This one took me about 4 months to finish!)
I have a huge list of films to do, so hopefully I can create some more in the next few months.
For now, though, I hope you enjoy Edward, Kim and the Inventor.
I love the warped reality that Tim Burton creates in his films, at the centre of which
are always the most incredible and loveable characters, even better when portrayed
by the amazing Johnny Depp.

Do you guys have a favourite Tim Burton film?

14 comments:

Margaret - Shine By Three said...

This is perfect, Kelly! Captures everything I love about the film x

Kelly said...

^ Thanks Marg, so happy you think so x

Emily Jayne Lewis said...

amazing! You're very talented :)

Emily
www.emilyjaynelewis.blogspot.com

Hannah said...

This is amazing! I love your style!

lorenabr said...

This is wonderful Kelly :) Great job!
http://invogueoneday.blogspot.com.au/

Jessie said...

This is amazing Kelly! Edward Scissorhands is one of my all time favourite movies, and definitely my fave Tim Burton film. Can't wait to see what is up next in the series

Kelly said...

^ Thanks guys!

Jessie - have you seen Big Fish?! I think you would love x

erle una said...

beauitful!! love it!

anto said...

Kelly, this is amazing! I've been waiting for the grand reveal since you showed your work in progress a wile ago. I love it so much, it's beautiful! :)

Dilan Dilir said...

omg! It looks amazing :D

Anonymous said...

wow just accidentally clicked on your blog & I am obsessed! your works are insanely good! deffs following x

Heike said...

Always inspring to look at your drawings. :)

sara l said...

wow, this is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Absolutely amazing. Will this be for sale any time soon? I would love to own it. You truly are very talented.