Monday, March 18, 2013

fashion LINES

 
 So, as I alluded to a few posts back, I've been experimenting lately
with a more pared back and basic style for a bit of fun in between jobs;
stripping everything right back and focusing only on the details that matter.
I'm loving this simpler way of working!
I played around with solid colour a few years ago, but it gradually made its
way out of my work in more recent times, so it's nice to see it come back. 
I think it lends itself well to this style of illustration.
The coloured backgrounds are a change too, owed to the fact that all of these gowns
were either all or partially white; which of course doesn't work well on a white background.

I do hope you like them!
Stay tuned for more as I update the series.
Maybe it'll change even further, I don't know yet.

x

7 comments:

Looona Lou said...

I really like your clean (fashion) illustration style! Go on!

♥Looona Lou

Karen Middleton Illustration said...

A lovely distinctive style!

Kelly said...

Thank you, ladies!

Lubica Tothova said...

amazing pictures...you are so talented...

http://lttreasure.blogspot.co.uk

Gypsy Ballads said...

Your illustrations are such a pleasure to see. I always look forward to seeing something new that you created in your own unique style.

Kelly said...

^ Thanks guys x

Just Dont Tell Anyone said...

oh wow! they all look so great! :)
you're very talented! :)