Thursday, March 14, 2013

robinson STYLE

 I watched The Graduate for the first time last night, and WOW.
Totally not what I expected, but in a good way.
In so many ways it's quite a bizarre film, but it just works.
A lot of it is owed to the combination of music (by two of my FAVES Simon & Garfunkel),
the actors (Anne Bancroft, Dustin Hoffman and Katherine Ross), as well as the stunning imagery.
Being made in 1967, it was always going to be a cracker in that regard!
While Anne Bancroft was so stunning as Mrs. Robinson, I just couldn't take my eyes
off Katherine Ross (Elaine Robinson) whenever she was on the screen.
I am literally obsessing over her right now, so in love with her style in this film.

If you haven't seen The Graduate, go rent it now!
Even if it isn't quite your cup of tea, it's worth it for the visuals alone.

Have to end this post off with the amazing Simon & Garfunkel as they set the tone
of the whole movie, and era, so absolutely perfectly.

4 comments:

Jessie said...

I finally watched The Graduate recently too and loved it. You are right though, it is a bit bizarre in parts but it was visually really captivating. Love a good classic!

lorenabr said...

Such a classic :)
http://balearaitzart.blogspot.com.au/

My Eclectic Loft said...

Fab movie, glad you watched it.

Rotten Nuke said...

This is one of my fave movies. :) Nice that you've watched it!

rottennuke.blogspot.com