Wednesday, May 8, 2013

wildly DECADENT

 
  A few months ago I was invited to create an illustration and document my process
for the wonderful DIY fashion-hub that is A Pair & A Spare - the brainchild
of the extremely talented Geneva Vanderzeil.

Of course I said YES!

What resulted was a series of two new illustrations, 'Wild Entwine' and 'Doe Eyed Decandence.'
The step-by-step method behind 'Wild Entwine' can be seen on A Pair & A Spare HERE.
I had so much fun working and documenting, and am so happy with the result.

It's not a comprehensive tutorial but hopefully it provides a bit of an insight into how I work.
Those of you who have ever asked me questions about my process
may find it interesting so do check it out if you have some time!
Limited edition prints of both pieces are available in my etsy shop now.
Click here to purchase: www.birdyandme.etsy.com

:: UPDATE ::
"Wild Entwine" is now completely sold out. Sorry for any inconvenience.
"Doe Eyed Decadence" still available.

X

16 comments:

Rebecca said...

This is so interesting; thanks for sharing it Kelly!

Jessica. said...

Hi Kelly,

Just wondering who the model was that you based the first image from? There was a photo of her on A pair and spare I believe?

Love your work! xxx

Kelly said...

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for your kind words!
The model is a combination of a few different girls. That's generally how I create my reference images - hair from one, lips from another, eyes/nose etc - so they're not any one person.

X

Tara said...

Gorgeous... absolutely gorgeous. I LOVE your work!

Elaine Valerie, said...

This is so brilliant..
Your work is adorable!
Greetings, Elaine Valerie

Dilan Dilir said...

so beautiful illustrations! :D

Amy said...

I have no words, these pictures are beautiful! I wish I could afford one right now actually as I would snap one up!

I really love the contrast of the black and white against the light coloured flowers, I've not seen anything this nice in quite a long time.

Amy xx
A Little Boat Sailing

Lisa said...

I have just come across your blog and i cant get over how stunning your work is. It's absolutely beautiful! You are so talented.

Now following on bloglovin, cant wait to see some more :)

Lisa xo

aliengirl- life with autism and art said...

You drawing so pretty nice! :D
Very well done.

Josefina Isabelle - Artblog said...

You're just too damn talanted! But it leaves me full of inspiration every time I look at your artwork, so it's allright! :)

Johanna Urban said...

Amazing post and illustrations!
xx

Johanna, Sweden
ART FASHION

Kelly said...

Thank you all for your lovely comments!
I'm so glad that you like these pieces x

Alison said...

Thanks for sharing your process. Your work is absolutely beautiful. I was wondering how do you get such high quality scans of your work? I have tried scanning graphite drawings and seem to lose all the mid tones. Any tips?

Kelly said...

^ You're very welcome Alison!
I get rid of any auto settings on my scanner. So there's no adjustments to contrast or tones.

Caged Canary said...

Absolutely beautiful! You are super talented.

Love Vintage? Love Romance? Love Fairytales? Love Caged Canary..

Looona Lou said...

Your Art is really beautiful and aesthetic.

∞Looona Lou